Due to the pandemic there can be significant delays in receiving orders.
Pre-orders are sent directly by us when they are available and you are informed with a relevant e-mail and the tracking number.
Material Patch: PVC patch
Size: 10X7.5 cm
Copyright IcarusWorkshop © 2021. All Rights Reserved
72-01523 was the prototype upgraded F-4E and it flew on April 28, 1999, fifteen months after the aircraft arrived at the German company's facilities. On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, the ceremony for the handing over to the HAF of the program's first production aircraft, 72-01507, was held in the facilities of the Hellenic Aerospace Industry in Tanagra, while three more upgraded aircraft, including the original 72-01523 «Ρrincess of Andraνida» and 77-1760, the first aircraft that had been delivered by the HAI, were already at the 117CW in Andravida.
117 CW received these two aircraft in May 2001. The "imported" 72-01523 Ρrincess of Andraνida was mainly used by the technical personnel for training and familiarisation with the new systems while 77-1760 from the HAI for weapon test and certifications. Test & Evaluation flights with 71760 were carried out during May 2001 - May 2003, at the 117 CW with various armament configurations by 338 Sqn ARIS and 339 Sqn AIAS.
The crew were Major (P) Ioannis Tsolekas as the test pilot and Major (P) Georgios Giapitzis, F-4E PI 2000 (AUP) Instructor.
In May 2011 the 117 CW celebrated the tenth anniversary of the most advanced ever Phantom, the F-4E PI 2000 (AUP), enrolment on its strength. In fact the combat wing's personnel do not take into account the first flight by 01523 in Germany in 1999, neither the official delivery by the HAI in 2002 for the AUP's birthday, but only the first acceptance flight by 77-1760 at the 117 CW in May 2001. It was first celebrated on 27 May 2011, the 10th anniversary.